(Nirmala Sundharam Memorial-Apna Nirman Mazdoor Co-operative Society Ltd.)
Flat No.484, Millennium Apartment, Block –C, Sector-18, Rohini, Delhi-110085
Tele Nos: 27859158(Off), 27013523, 27022243 (Res) 9810810365 (Mob.)
Email: email@example.com Office Timing: 12.00 noon to 4.00 pm
A COMPREHENSIVE LEGISLATION TO REGULATE THE ENTIRE
DOMESTIC WORK THROUGH A TRIPARTITE BOARD OF
- A seven member Sub- Committee has been formed by the National Commission of Women after three meetings on the issues of Domestic Workers on 20th Dec,06, 18th April 07 and 30th Oct,07 to draft a proposal for a Comrehensive Legislation to regulate the entire domestic work and Placement Agencies.
- After few meetings of this Committee it has been decided that a National Consultation will be organised by the National Commission of Women on 31st Jan,08 at Delhi.Following Proposal has developed in the meeting held so far in which the suggestions of all participants organisations and individuals have been included.
- All organisations of Domestic Workers and organisations supporting the cause of Domestic Workers are requested to please send their responses and suggestions on the following proposals for reaching a wider consensus.
TRIPARTITE BOARD TO INCLUDE THE REPRESENTATIVES
OF DOMESTIC WORKERS, EMPLOYERS AND
GOVERNMENT THROUGH A DEMOCRATIC PROCESS
The Tripartite Board will register all the employers.
- All the Employers employing full-time domestic workers.
- Will contribute Rs 1000/- per annum as registration fee to the Board and. All the employer employing part-time worker.
- Will pay Rs 200/- per annum as registration fee.
The Tripartite Board will register all the Domestic Workers
- For a nominal fees of Rs. 100/- per annum for full- time domestic workers.
- And Rs 20/- per annum for part-time.
- Domestic workers .
The Tripartite Board will register all the Placement Agencies
- For a fees Rs100/-per annum, per placement.
- In addition to a lumpsum security fees.
- FUNCTIONS OF THE TRIPARTITE BOARD OF DOMESTIC WORKERS.
To fix conditions of work such as
- The number of working hour,Monthly Wages,Wages for overtime.
- According to the working experiences and skill level of domestic worker and.quantity of the work. which depend upon the size of house and.
- Number of family members and .
- Other domestic workers employed at the work place etc . and weekly off and annual vacations
Board will keep Central Record of Domestic Workers with alphabetical name and photographs
- Classified village-wise,
- Police Station-wise / Perish-wise and District-wise .
- With annual renewal of registration.
- This central record keeping system .
- Will help in searching the trafficked girls.
- Control trafficking, .
- Help in the implementation of the ban on child labour .
- Under the Child Labour (Regulation & Prohibition) Act, 1986 .
Board will provide regular (quarterly) health check-up of domestic workers
- And provide health services to sick domestic workers